PeaZip is a freeware archive manager for most popular archiving formats. You can use it to create and extract a various, long list of file formats (for a complete list check the features section below) create self-extracting archives, access the program using an encrypted password manager, split files, find duplicates and much more. Currently, the software is licensed under the GNU Library Public License version 3.0 and it is localized in 29 languages. It is available for Microsoft Windows (in two versions as a regular installer file and a portable version), Linux and BSD users.
– it can create archives in most popular formats: ZIP, 7Z, ARC, TAR, GZ, XZ, BZ2, UPX, PEA, QUAD/BALZ.
– it can open and extract over 170 popular archives such as RAR, ZIPX, ACE, UDF, ISO, DMG, CAB, ARJ, LHA, RPM etc.
– delivers a strong encryption using two factor authentication (support for different encryption schemes depending on the file format)
– offers an encrypted password manager including secure deletion that prevents file recovery
– excellent file manager with useful functions such as split and join of files, find duplicates, advanced search etc.
– support for bookmarking, hash and checksums calculator, split and merge files etc.
– batch support for creating and converting multiple archives simultaneously