Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta 8
Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware – uses advanced proactive technology that monitors what ransomware is doing and stops it cold before it even touches your files. Ransomware is easy to understand but hard to beat. It infects the machine, encrypts all files and then demands payment to get the files back. Ransomware works so well that most variants will even remove themselves when the damage is done, knowing you have the choice of either paying the ransomware author to get your files back, or risk losing them forever.
With this app, it has no shot at encrypting. And it does not rely on signatures or heuristics, so it’s light and completely compatible with your antivirus.This means when running Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, you do not have to worry about getting infected by CryptoLocker, CryptoWall, or CTBLocker. Better yet, it can defeat new ransomware the moment it is released, proactively protecting you from ransomware that’s never even been seen before.
* Further fine-tuned behavioral detection techniques
* Main GUI now closes to the tray instead of only minimizing to the taskbar
* Added support to allow exclusion of folders in addition to individual files
* Performance improvements to prevent high CPU and memory usage
* Further enhancements to prevent false positives
* Numerous enhancements to harden the product against malicious tampering attempts
* Added basic command line functions for Business version to allow ability to start or stop protection, add or remove exclusions and restore an item from quarantine
* Created an MSI version of the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware installer for Business version (coming soon…)
* Improved side-by-side usage with other Business versions of Malwarebytes products: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v. 1.x and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit v. 1.x