Autocad Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).
Click OK to close the application.
The startup errors may referenceLMU.exe, or the event log may refer to a crash of mshtml.dll.
Incorrect Registry Key
A different program may incorrectly be switching a registry key from a 0 to a 1. Changing the value of the following registry key to 0 may help:
- Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window
- Type in REGEDIT and click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, expand the various levels until you reach the Windows key highlighted in the path above.
- On the right side of the editor, double-click the LoadAppInit_DLLs value.
- Change it to 0, and click OK.
- Exit the Registry Editor, and restart the computer.
The program or malware “Smartbar” could be conflicting with the software. To work around this, locate and disable the crdlil64.dll file.
Uninstall “Search Protect” or “SW Booster” or “Performance Optimizer”
- Open the Window Control Panel
- Access the installed program list
- Select and Uninstall “Search Protect”
- Start AutoCAD
For Adobe Acrobat 9, rename the following DLL files:
Alternatively, you may uninstall the “Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit Add-On.” On 32-bit systems, modify the Adobe Acrobat 9 program to not have the “Capture CAD Modules” installed.
Windows iLivid Toolbar
You can ether uninstall the Toolbar or rename d atamngr.dll and IEBHO.dll files found in the folders below.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows iLivid Toolbar\Datamngr\x64
Visit the NVIDIA website and update the drivers for your graphics card. www.nvidia.com
The program “Beyond Trust” could be locking down the software. You may identify a reference to btpload.dll
- uninstall the program or rename the btpload.dll to test. Adjusting the registry key (above) may also solve this particular conflict.
Corrupt C++ Installations
If this is a C++ installation error, uninstall the C++ modules on the system and reinstall. Autodesk installers ship with prerequisites in the extracted installation folders- not the installed program files folders. You can manually access the installers here on most machines:
C:\Autodesk\PROGRAM FOLDER NAME\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist
C:\Autodesk\PROGRAM FOLDER NAME\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist
Uninstall the redistributables and reinstall them from this location.